sunnuntai 21. lokakuuta 2012

CX Provincials and Other Stuff

You know that the end if nigh when you line up to race CX provincials. Not the best day for me, but my Dark Red Racing brothers and sisters did much better and helped save the day for The Rooster.

Normally I would do OK on the course with plenty of pedaling, but this year, and today especially, that is not the case. To make things worse, I woke up to stomach cramps that at least affected my already fragile race day morale. Old dog can't learn new tricks so I had to start fast, which seemed to work OK after the first lap, but then the reality of me having Sven's arms but my very own legs struck, and I could not answer to the acceleration from Daniel. I had to ease back a bit for 1/2 lap or so and that didn't help. Then it was status quo for the next 20 minutes, Daniel leading so far that I didn't see him any longer, Dan M. chasing, Cricket third and me fourth trailing Cricket a bit and closing in. I had to let Cricket go with 2 to go and take it easy for the rest of the race. Anyways...Daniel did well as did Cricket and Chris and others. Good job!

Now onto my next topic of the day. Group B exhaust sound that is. Just let my slip into my Labatt 50 drinking vest for more appropriate attire for this...

This is artsy fartsy French movie of Ari Vatanen doing Pike's Peak Hill Climb in a Peugeot 205 Group B rally car sometime in golden 80's. Sure there are more powerful cars nowadays, but these 80's monsters with stick shifting and the driver doing it all is bit different.


 

This video is quite cool as well, but still missing something. That something is probably the sould and who's this driver anyway? Does his last name end -nen? I didn't think so so what else does he have what may make him a rally driver?



And the back to topic. Since we have only one race left this season, I was thinking about putting my money where my mouth is and organizing a ra...spirited training ride on November 3rd. Thinking about starting from my place sometime in the afternoon, 2-4 PMish and riding north on the west side of the river and towards BHP. Racin....riding for 3 hours or so and finishing back in the city. Bonfire, BBQ and maybe some beverages for recovery. They're saying the world is coming to an end this year so we may as well ride while waiting for this event.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti