lauantai 4. heinäkuuta 2009

Reach the Beach Tomorrow

So tomorrow I will be doing the infamous Reach the Beach MTB race. Race starts from Beausejour and heads north to Grand Beach and the distance is roughly 100km. Due to heavy downpour a week ago, the swamp section (in Grand Beach Provincial Park?) had to be taken out of the race so there is bit more road than normally. Not that I know how this race is normally because this is my first time.

Should be good training and hopefully a good race too. Race course follows the route on this map
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2974303 . It's flat but I think that the distance will do the trick for most guys. This is good way of kinda testing how my legs work in longer MTB races.

And I also did very MTB thing and got myself a Camelback so that I can carry enough water tomorrow. Now I just need to train how to drink out of that thing. Maybe I should fill it with beer for training purposes.

Actually I just found this cool tool. http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/ This program will translate google maps data to GPX so you can use the data on your GPS device. Need to see how this works with my iPhone.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti